My combined experience in various design roles has afforded me an in-depth understanding of corporate and independent creative environments and needs. My background in fine art gives me a natural eye for clean aesthetic, color, layout and design. I approach projects in an efficient, detail-oriented, professional and ego-free way. I work well both independently and in collaborative environments. Specialties include:
Graphic Design –
Print design (concept to creation, pre-press to proofing)
Digital design (web / social media / email)
Packaging for Retail and CPG
Branding (new creation and/or adhering to existing style guides)
Photo manipulation & retouching
Billboards & Signage
Fine Art –
Pet & People Portraits
Murals & Sign art
Hand-lettering & Illustration
Thanks for exploring my site. Don’t be afraid to connect with me for your next endeavor. This bulldog doesn’t bite.
- Adobe Creative Cloud, MS Office, XHTML and CSS, Procreate with ApplePencil
- Digital, print, and package design – from concept to creation
- Working within or creating company brand standards
- Detail-oriented, organized, communicates effectively and well with others. Easy-going and likable demeanor
- Excellent photography and photo retouching
- Outstanding drawing, painting and hands-on artistic skills
Special Olympics Texas (Non-Profit for Athletes with Intellectual Disabilities) – Lead / Senior Graphic Designer & Social Media Specialist (2017 – Current): Solo designer for all print collateral and digital assets for fundraising, competitions and digital (website and social media) imagery needs, ensuring brand continuity. Including: Marketing, development or fundraising campaign concepts, logo design for events or teams, designs for apparel or jerseys, merchandise renderings, sponsor packets, registration flyers, programs, maps, posters, signage and banners, stationery, photo retouching. Other: Coordinate quotes, prepress files, production and press checks with print vendors. Photography. Administer, promote, create imagery, and manage social media platforms for 21 Facebook pages, 2 Twitter and 1 Instagram account.
Texas Service Life Insurance Company / TSLIC (PreNeed Funeral Insurance Company) – Senior Graphic Designer (2014 – 2017): Design print collateral and digital artwork, such as brochures, flyers, survey mailers, banners, business cards, promotional giveaway items, and website artwork. Recreate branding and corresponding collateral for complicated subject matter. Work with marketing team and print vendors to coordinate new online ordering system for collateral. Assist agents, funeral directors and sales directors with their marketing needs.
Big Red, Inc (Beverage Industry / CPG Consumer Packaged Goods) –Graphic Designer (2012 – 2014): Design print collateral and digital artwork for point-of-sale, packaging, social media, and sales purposes for well-know beverage brands. Brand creation for beverages. Prepare print-ready files, collect quotes and place orders with print vendors. Retouch photos and create digital renderings of products, displays and packaging. Collaborate with marketing team, other designers and sales staff on creative design needs.
TechSkills, LLC (Education Company) – Graphic Designer & Production Specialist (2007 – 2012): Design all print collateral (brochures, posters, trifolds, book covers, etc.) and website graphics and any other design-oriented needs within the company. Create new or edit existing design files as needed by each campus or employee. Print marketing materials in-house or prepare electronic files for outsourced printers. Ship and track materials sent to campuses.
SII Marketing Intl, Seiko Instruments USA (Timepiece Retail Company) –Designer and Production Artist (2006-2007): Production designer for watch packaging, displays and print collateral. Ensured consistency within style guides for well-known brands, such as Disney, Mattel, Hasbro that were used in established stores such as Wal-Mart, Target and Kohl’s.
Freelancer for Bulldog Bliss Creative –
Graphic Designer/ Portrait Artist / Muralist / Sign Painter
- Hope Alliance – Rebrand of local non-profit
- Austin Orchards – Peach and berry produce boxes, business cards, signage
- Tequila 512 – Product sell sheet, shelf signage, bottleneck printed signage, Facebook banner, promo sticker
- The Netted Pigeon – Logo identity for photographer
- Busters BBQ – Hand-drawn artwork for large menu board
- Animal Trustees / Emancipet – Designed and collaborated with non-profit volunteers (Austin Involved) to create outdoor mural artwork
- Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant – Hand-painted signage for restaurant displays, hand-painted 60 dining tables. Graphic design for promotional campaigns
- Bovine Metropolis Theater (improv theater) – Show posters and large-scale outdoor venue sign
- People & Pet Portraiture – Hand-drawn, painted or digitally rendered portrait art
- Mural Artwork – Custom painted mural work
- BFA in Graphic Design at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, CO.
- XHTML and CSS courses at Austin Community College
- Sign Painting and Drawing course at The Comtemporary at Laguna Gloria
- Studied art, history and culture abroad at Santa Chiara Study Center in Castiglione Fiorentino, Tuscany, Italy